Public Library & Computer Center
The Acoma Learning Center is a place for all ages and open to the surrounding communites. The Learning Center is dedicated to provide quality materials and services in a relaxed atmosphere to accommodate the educational, informational, and the learning need of the community.
We have come long way since our brown library building in front of the Administration Office’s in the 1970 and 80’s, to old snack bar in the EDA building in the late 90’s till the beginning of this year. In June 2007 is when the planning for a new library began. A Library was not in existence for a few years in the pueblo till a few dedicated people actually did something about it. So Thank you to all who had brought the program back and we will continue to keep it on track so it doesn't lose its identity again. It progressed from a small one room facility to a modernized building with a computer lab, two study rooms and bathroom access. We invite everyone to come in and visit.
• Collection of 2,039 Books • Acoma Reference Collection [including the Acoma Printing Press Books]
• Native American Collection
• 6 NEW Desktop computers w/ the total of 10.
• 28 Different magazines
• Gallup Independent /Cibola Beacon
• Classroom/Study rooms
• WIFI (wireless internet)
• Movie Collection (Native Genre)
• Media Graphics (posters, business cards & other publication designs)