All applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Each applicant must meet the income criteria based on the Health and Human Services Poverty Guideline Schedule.
- Each applicant must be within the ages of 14 to 21 for Supplemental Youth Services (SYS), or within the ages of 18 to 99 for the Adult Comprehensive Services.
- The program will serve all eligible individuals who are members of a federally recognized tribe and reside within the tribe's service area.
The WIA program will determine the category in which each applicant is placed based on the documents and information submitted during the application and intake process.
Listed below are the required documents that must be submitted along with each application. All required documentation must be in the clients file before services are rendered.
- State Birth Certificate (original)
- Valid State of New Mexico ID or Drivers License
- Social Security Card (original)
- Proof of Residence (physical and mailing) within the Pueblo of Acoma
- Proof of Income for every household member listed on application (past 6 months)
- High School Diploma or Transcripts, or GED Certificate
Exclusive to in-school Youth and Summer Youth applicants please submit the following along with the above required documents:
- Current Grades
- Two paragraph essay on your interest for obtaining the work experience opportunity.
If applying for Occupational Skills Training or Educational Support please submit the following along with the above listed documents:
- Acceptance Letter from the school you will be attending
- Proof of completed FAFSA
- Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Financial Needs Analysis (available upon request form the WIA office)
- Past grades or transcripts form previous post-secondary institutions attended
The WIA program will serve eligible participants, after a personal screening, and intake of all eligibility criteria is submitted. After the intake applications process, the participant is counseled as to the best approach to take in regard to employment or skill attainment.
If an applicant requires assistance in obtaining some of the required documents, the WIA staff will be more than happy to assist in obtaining the documents needed. State of New Mexico Birth Certificate search forms and Social Security Card request forms are available at the WIA office. For out of State Birth Certificate search, assistance can be provided with an online search.
How To Apply
Applications are available below:
Applications are also available at the WIA registration office which is located in the Department of Education Building.
49 Pinsbaari Dr.
Acoma NM, 87034